Tuesday, September 11, 2012

what lies inside

Mmm, feels good to do large pieces again. I love being able to work up close with a work like that and really get into details.


Photobucket

I really need to get photoshop or some other program more sophisticated than PhotoStudio. haha. Yeah it's pretty lame trying to work with anything on there. This piece is approximately 26 x 10 in. and took a multiple amount of scans on my little 9 x 12 in. scanner which i then puzzled together in... photostudio. yay.

I realized that I've been sticking to a distinct style and technique as of late, which is cool, because i have a lot to learn about drawing and linework still. However I'd like to try be more broad in my choice of medium and palette.. I've been eyeing my oil pastels on my shelf.. but my oil paints have also been looking especially enticing. Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way your whites really stand out by having a grey background and how you carry the black into different areas. I'm very inspired. I got stuck looking at this for way too long.
    - Anita

    ReplyDelete