Wednesday, December 12, 2012

sketchbook paints

Oil paints are my friends, acrylic paints are my acquaintances, and water colours are those babbling drunk people on the skytrain that you don't understand, don't want to understand and hope get off at the next stop. I've put some effort though into trying to understand acrylics  this past week. I did some small paintings in one of my sketch books for exercise, which was great fun, but I still find the paint kind of a pain. It dries so fast and had no lucidity, so I'm going to get some acrylic medium like most people suggest. It's now turning into that friend that you only hang out with when accompanied with that other friend....... maybe I'm taking the metaphor too far.



they're from my 3.5 x 5.5 sketchbook, each finished in 45-60 minutes.

2 comments: