Monday, January 16, 2012

fated to be

I can't say I've really worked with ink much, I hated it to death in school, because it's so very very different than my pencils. Scares me actually.. so this piece was a bit of an experiment... and a successful one I would say because I learned a great deal about it. I would write about it but I really doubt anyone would be very intrigued.

Photobucket

So stoked to hear that other people are picking up their pencils or brushes or whatever it is and creating too. I feel so honoured and excited to have inspired people to do something as well, even if it's just one drawing once. I love hearing about people's art or creative processing and seeing people drawing. The other day I was just drawing in the texture making tiny little lines everywhere for like 3 hours and having the time of my life... and I thought "wow, this is kind of sad" just how happy it made me to draw stupid little lines. People just have this built in hardwiring telling them to create, create, create and when we do it's so satisfying. I love making things. It was a pretty profound moment.

3 comments:

  1. Love the intensity of this image...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and wholeheartedly agree that we are born to create. Have you read, "Walking on water" by Madeleine L'engle? It is amazing and speaks to the joy and need of artistry and creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm no, I haven't but it sounds like worth while reading.

    ReplyDelete