Monday, January 9, 2012

Swan

I just want to really sincerely thank everyone for the positive feedback.
You have no idea how much it means to me... so grateful to feel supported by such awesome people.


Photobucket
"Many are the victims she has brought down;
her slain are a mighty throng.
Her house is a highway to the grave,
leading down to the chambers of death."
Proverbs 7:26-27

Pride, it's such nuisance.
I almost didn't post this piece because of it... and so soon after my nice little speech.
Luckily I have an awesome sister who pointed out my cowardice, and how I would have been abolishing the entire reason why I started this blog one whole week ago. hah.

I had so much fun drawing this piece, and one week is the perfect time frame to start and finish a drawing, because I lose interest really easily with projects I start if they're not finished quickly. So many half painted canvases, it's so sad. I would have loved to have done this drawing as an acrylic painting, because of the light, but I love the simplicity of my pencil and pen too much.
And if you're upset by the swan dying... sorry about that.

4 comments:

  1. ****Applause****... seriously

    as far as finishing images goes, I think Anita's got 3 in the works right now since she gets bored of them so fast! haha
    Anita's trying to kill two birds (perhaps swans?) with one stone by creating art that we can put up around our house... sorta limiting the artistic intensity! haha... that was her disclaimer after realizing her images haven't had as much depth as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaa, aww Anita... I believe in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, great depth. It gives me the chills! But you never know...Swans are pretty powerful birds. this one might come back and snap at her face! I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sofia, your art is amazing! Never underestimate your talent. (But don't get too proud ;-) )

    ReplyDelete