Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Underneath

I was 100% set on getting into some acrylic paints this week but time posed a bit of an issue. Instead I tried a drawing where my midtone wasn't the whiteness of the page but actually had to be shaded in, and it's amazing how much more control you can have.. That's the nice thing about drawing on paper that is already an off white or tan colour because you draw in your shadows and your highlights and creates a much more rounded dramatic effect. It's an easier way to make your image pop more from the page. (btw, I actually don't know anything, I just make up random rules and state them as facts... but it's all good.)

Photobucket

I would have liked to have spent more time on this one and on a bigger scale, it's about 11 x 8 which is really small and any blemishes can be easily picked out. but I'm so exhausted this week... I could barely cut my pork-chops I am so weak.. aah.

Wow, well.. today is the last day of January. that is one of twelve month's done. It's good, this has been nice.. maybe I'll bring out some paints next week. kay.

3 comments:

  1. Draw draw draw, even when it is hard! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're strength comes back soon. I'm glad you still posted one!! The bubbles turned out so good... and I know what you mean about working small... it's so much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome, this is my favorite thus far

    ReplyDelete