Saturday, February 18, 2012

embroidery

I was working on a painting of this exact picture with some acrylic paint, and well... I'd rather not talk about it and pretend I never attempted. I have a lot to learn about colours... so here is the sketch of it instead from my little moleskin. hence the book spine across the middle. yep.
I wanted to shade the shadows in with lines that also mapped the shape of the subject, because I've seen so many awesome examples of it before in other artist's work.

Photobucket

I know this post is several days over due, but I just want you to know that it is in no way at all because I have lost the interest in what I am trying to do. I am still just as keen, but haven't had the time. pretty lame, but it's been a good busy not a bad busy kind of week.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you couldn't get it how you wanted with colour...Still looks good. I was looking at it and you totally got me with the pin-prick! That is what I wait for in your art: the disruption of sentiment and "trite".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, I didn't even notice that Elli. Another great piece Sofia!
    E.

    ReplyDelete