Thursday, May 3, 2012

my mind holds the key

So I'm basically slapping this up online as I run out the door, because it's either now or a week from now which is way too far away. I've been dabbling far too long on this piece for it's relative simplicity. There is just always room for more dots. I've taken quite a keen liking to the stipple technique, but I think it works best in larger scale pieces, so I plan on doing a large scale drawing sometime.. tape it up on my wall like old times. and then swear at it while trying to scan it in 11 x 8.5 inches at a time and cutting it together in photoshop. It puts such a damper on drawing big.

Photobucket

I love this blog. I am so glad I decided to create it, and had friends who encouraged me to do so. Even though I've sorely failed at my once a week goal, it's so nice to have pressure to draw.. other wise I don't know when I would make the time for it.

3 comments:

  1. This is cool, it reminds me of a dream catcher.
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, it makes my day when you have new art up. LOVE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally missed seeing this one!! It's fabulous!! Love the rope on the edge and how did you manage the white bit?

    ReplyDelete